Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Show... Press Coffee in City North

My show at Photomark has ended. No sales, but lots of nice comments. I thank Judith at Photomark for putting my work up since November.

As a result of the show, Pepper Coulan, of Sol Shine Gallery, inquired if she could hang some of my work in a small group show at a new Coffee/Wine Bar in City North in Phoenix. Of course I said yes. We hung the show last night. It is more of a "salon" style show, where many different types of artworks are hung as a group, usually stacked high on the wall. Salon style was popular in from mid 19th century to the early 20th century. Not the best way to present fine-art photography, especially 8x10" contact prints, but a new audience is seeing my work.

I am represented by 10 pieces. My mentor Rod Klukas has 4 pieces. Then there are some color scenics and what look to be drawings. It is an eclectic collection to say the least.

Anyway, there will be an "opening" of sorts at 7:00 PM on Saturday, January 31. Press is located at 5410 E. High St., Suite 115, Phoenix, AZ 85054 in the new City North shopping district. City North is just north of the 101 freeway and directly east and adjacent to the Desert Ridge shopping center. Press is on the north side of the street, just east of the "center" of the street. The phone is 480-419-6221. Their website is http://www.presscoffeefoodwine.com/

For more information, please call Pepper Coulon at 602-284-0505. Come and enjoy art, wine, music, and friends.

No comments: