Sunday, October 30, 2011

You should never mix brown and blue...


Plywood, Miami, AZ, 2009 by Richard M. Coda

What? Who made that rule? Tim Gunn?

For as long as I can remember they (who is "they" anyway?) always said never mix brown and blue. I think they were talking about suits... don't wear a brown tie with a blue suit. Well, I was never one to follow what the fashion police said... but I think in this case they are wrong. I do know brown and yellow go together from listening to Rodney Dangerfield... "I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow. He told me to wear a brown neck tie."

Anyway, here are a few photographs where brown and blue are the two main colors... and they work very well together.


Rusted Garage Door, Superior, AZ, 2009 by Richard M. Coda


Pt. Lobos, CA 2007 by Richard M. Coda

As I am color blind (red-green) I have never believed anything anyone has ever told me about color... I can only tell you what I see. All photographed on 4x5" Fuji Velvia 100 film. Thanks to the famous Larry Golsh for egging me on to take the Superior and Miami images...

No comments: