Thursday, May 14, 2009

Portrait of an Artist #2



Jim Cook is the head of the Art Department at my daughter's school. He is a gentleman above all, but also a gifted artist, a passionate educator, and a good friend.

After finding out we had to do a few portraits for my LF class this semester, I asked Mr. Cook if I could photograph him. He has one of his paintings displayed in the Art Center at the school and I thought it would be great as part of an environmental portrait.



I finally got to take his photograph yesterday. This was the first time I used 4x5" color negative film. I felt it would work better than my usual Velvia transparency film. I have to say I am impressed with this film and will try it outdoors as well. I also took an 8x10" black & white of the seated image. As soon as I develop it I will post it here.

No comments: