Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign…

Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign
– Five Man Electrical Band

I went out photographing with friends John Prouty and Juan Garcia early Sunday morning on October 31. I had a few places I wanted to photograph before they disappear, as things tend to do after I photograph them.

We started out on McDowell Rd. just west of Rt. 51. I had been wanting to photograph this sign for some time as we are bombarded by "Gold" commercials on TV these days.



After I made the exposure on my 4x5 I looked a few feet away and saw this chain link fence with lock and chain.



After these two I drove down the road a block or two and got this image I had also been wanting to photograph. Three images in 30 minutes… not bad.



A few more blocks west was this building that John had been wanting to photograph. John used his 8x10 while I used my 4x5.







After that we went downtown and found a few more things before calling it a day.





This was the first day out photographing after a long hot summer and it felt good to just get out and have some fun. Coming soon, some 4x5 images made at City Center in Las Vegas over Thanksgiving week.

No comments: