Saturday, February 28, 2009

Superior photographs... well, at least I think so!

Just some miscellaneous photos from two recent trips to Superior.

Below is a black & white from my 8x10" camera on one of our class field trips. I was drawn by the strong horizontal lines, as well as the "dino" and the "ICE" painted on the boarded up window. (We actually had to remove a realtor sign to make this, but we put it back after we were done... ssshhh... don't tell anyone, especially the realtor!).



Below are the color images I have wanted to make for a long time, after seeing my friend Juan Garcia's beautiful black & whites from this magnificent, but decaying historical mural. I made these on a trip to Superior with my friend, the famous Larry Golsh.

The first is a wide shot but does not include the entire wall. The other half of the wall didn't speak to me as much as this half.


Below is another image, a detail from the mural. The piercing eyes are what made this photograph for me.


Thanks, again, to Rod Klukas' color zone system, and an overcast day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You have taken great pictures of decaying historical murals. all pictures have nice look, thanks for sharing these inspirational photographs.

CanvasDesign