Friday, March 13, 2009

Word Association: "Microsoft"...



Windows! Well, not the operating system...

Every three months we have a "theme night" at our large format photography club, Imageworks. The theme this time was "Windows" and it could be interpreted VERY loosely by participating members. Of the seven members who participated, there were a variety of images presented, ranging from the "traditional" window, to a trash can with some sort of "eye" artwork on it (The eyes are the windows to the soul).

Above is my contribution. I had been out photographing one Sunday morning in January on McDowell Rd. in Phoenix, near 16th St. There was a Barber Shop I wanted to get with my 8x10 camera. After I shot that I walked past this bakery. Had to stop. The sun was changing rapidly and I didn't want to lose the shot. I set up my 8x10 camera and proceeded to focus. As there are so many planes of focus in this image, it took quite a bit longer than usual, and even then I had to stop down to f90 on my lens with a swing. I received some nice comments on this print so I guess I'll keep it!

No comments: