Monday, July 13, 2009

A visitor! Hoo could it be?

After dinner Sunday night I looked out the back window and couldn't believe it. There was a Great Horned Owl sitting on our fence. As I'm sure you all know, owls are usually noctural, so it's rare to see them at this hour of the day, especially in a populated area.

Anyway, I took about 60 or so shots with the D300 and a 300mm lens.









UPDATE: Tonight after dinner I heard an owl "hoot". I look out my office window and there it is just setting down on our back fence again. As soon as I saw it, it flew away. Then I go into the kitchen and see another one, much larger, sitting in our pool on the first "step". I open the back door to get a better view and I see the other one fly off our roof. We must have a mating pair who like our house. I hope so... they can take care of the field mice and chipmunks who leave their business all over the place out here.

New photo, July 14...


1 comment:

Stacey Snacks said...

What a lucky duck you are!
A great horned owl...beautiful!
Well, if you have mice, you won't for much longer!