Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Imagine...



Every generation has those moments in their lives that they remember where they were when a significant event occurred. For my father's generation, it was Pearl Harbor and John F. Kennedy's assassination. For me, ironically, it also involved the assassination of a man named John and an attack on the United States. September 11 and the murder of John Lennon.

My September 11 memories are on this blog here. But with the John Lennon murder I was much younger and naive. I was a sophomore in college. It was Monday night... that meant Monday Night Football at one of the local pubs with my roommates. I had a little too much that night and I remember little. I do remember waking up the next morning and telling my roommate that I had this horrible dream that someone had killed John Lennon. He gave me the paper and said it was no dream. I guess I did remember the news flash during the game. It was a very sad day. One of the voices of MY generation had been snuffed out.

What would the world be like today if all these lives had not been extinguished? One can only Imagine...

No comments: